Sterile, absorbable, water-insoluble, gelatin-based sponge is used to control capillary bleeding in surgical operations. KARESPON is a small, sterile, surgical sponge which is prepared from specially treated, purified gelatin foam of uniform porosity. Each sponge is a hemostatic device that is capable of absorbing and holding within its meshes 50 times its weight, in the whole blood. It can be implanted during surgery and will be completely absorbed within four to six weeks. The sponges may be cut into smaller sizes. Useful in Abdominal Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Neuro Surgery, Genito-Urinary Surgery, Anorectal Surgery, Gynecologic Surgery, Otolaryngological Surgery etc. FEATURES
- Material : Purified Gelatin.
- Highly absorbent.
- White, pliable, light and insoluble in water.
- Holds 50 times its weight in blood.
- Double layered sterile blister packing.
- Available Size : 80 x 50 x 10 mm.